Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Game 1 - Abandoned Places: A time for Heroes

 Game 1 - Abandoned Places: A time for Heroes

Year: 1992
Developer: ArtGame from Hungary
Publisher: Electronic Zoo
Platforms: Amiga, MS-DOS
 
Status: Unfinished
Game time: 1 h

So, here we are. We will begin our yourney with this hungarian dungeon crawler. 

In the menu of this game you start with choosing four members of your party. I chose 2 warriors for the front line and a cleric with the mage for the back line. So here are my heroes - Imael is a fighter, Yerson is a fighter,  Delphia is a cleric and the last is Dyanor as the mage. 

After clearing the initial crypt from gargoyeles and looting some food and basic equipment, I encoutered on the lower level some pyromaniac. I killed him and walked through fire tiles (ouch) to the next part of my dangerous adventure.

The graphics of this game is not bad, but not very good either. The action window is very small but it was typical in this era. Remember - this is not a Black Crypt of Raven Software fame or the Dungeon Master 2 from FTL.
The combat is not difficult, but I think it will get harder as I progress with this game.
After pyromaniacs there was a change. I entered grey stony caves and encountered some classical enemy archetype of RPGs - the skeletons.



But here I encountered first problems. I have bad micromanagement habits, so eaten all food and there is no more or I do not know where to find any. Was playing it until the casters run out of their mana pools. Without Clerics Cure spell, I was doomed. Also not a fan of a RPG without any option for automapping - even by replenishable ability, for gems, scrolls or a spell.

It is almost silly to rank this game if I have about 1h of gametime. 

My ranking is now:

Entertainment level: average to frustrating

Difficulty level: hard

So this is the end of playing this title, because i cannot give reasonable rating to it. Based on my firsthand experience it should be very bad. But this game have some secret potential. I see it there. So i will skip it for now and go for next title in my Master Game List.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hra 4 - Dungeon Master II AGA

 Hra 4 - Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep  Je rok 1995. Commodore už je v hrobě od dubna 1994, kdy vyhlásil bankrot a přestal exis...